Thousands of new jobs will arise due to the building- and construction projects that will be carried out in East Denmark in the years to come. Especially within projects such as:
- The Femern Belt Tunnel
- The new Storstrøms Bridge
- New motorways and regional roads
- Expansion of the railway network
- New hospitals and harbour expansions
The many jobs will not only be within the building- and construction trade, but also amongst subcontractors within a large line of businesses, as for example craftsmen, catering, security and cleaning companies, local transportation facilities and many more.
How to get a job
There are several ways to find the interesting jobs within the building- and construction business and other trades. The employment centres, 3F’s website JobFemern and the Femern Agency are some of the possibilities. You can find further information about these on our website – see the menu overview. Another possibility is to take contact with the entrepreneurs and other companies within your field on your own accord.
Good advice, if you want a job
Our managing director at Femern Belt Development, Stig Rømer Winther, has the following advice for jobseekers, that are looking for employment:
- Bring your English language skills op to date – German too if possible
- Participate courses on work environment and health & safety
- Improve your professional skills